March 21, 2004

Amitabha... goodness begets goodness. The week has passed by without anything more than a loud fart. In fact, it's almost a very memorable week. 'cos my boss finally gave me something to do. Something really really honourable, if I may add. He 'requested' me to zap his antique pocket phone book for him (before the whole thing disintegrates right before his eyes and he suffers from a heart attack). It's an amazing phone book. And while I was zapping it page by page, enlarged, I felt like I was ALREADY working with the National Heritage Board (my next ideal workplace). Hullo, I was handling an antique phone book oki!

"Elections"
This weekend is election weekend. Taiwan, then, Malaysia and I just got back some time ago from an AGM-cum-election-voting at my clan. Jas, Ezl, Eric n me were there. Our job was basically, to add a stroke to form the character, 'Zheng4', on the nominee's column whenever the announcer called out the vote. For those of you who are not familiar with voting-chinese-style, 'zheng4' has 5 strokes. So, essentially, at every additional vote, one stroke is added to form the character. At the end of it all, you just count the number of 'zheng4' that you have x 5 + whatever extra strokes. That's the total count.

I won't be surprised if all 4 of us share the same dream today - being chased by big block characters of 'zheng4'.

As for the Taiwan election, please refer to my fellow blogger, Snow's blog. He has it summed up prettily. And while you are there, can soak up his Saturday's postings. Brilliant. Hey, ppgmce, I shall have to evaluate your level of intelligence once again. You are improving tremendously. Must be the influence of a nice, lovable, smart, sensible and sweet girl friend of yours...

Posted by 杏 cy (Jancy) at 22:21